top of page

Estate Administration and Probate Services

If you’ve been designated as the trustee or executor of an estate for a loved one who has died, if your loved one died with no plan in place, or if you have concerns about the diminished capacity of a loved one, you may be uncertain about what to do and where to begin. Sanderford Law Office can help with probate and trust administration.

When You’re Responsible for a Loved One’s Estate

Losing a loved one can be overwhelming, and it can be difficult to handle all of the legal aspects. We’re here to offer as much help as you need. Sanderford Law Office can guide you through the process by showing you what to do, or by assuming many of the responsibilities for you. Your total cost will be determined by how much legal support you would like.

Concerned About a Loved One’s Diminished Capacity?

We are prepared to help families struggling with managing the incapacity of a family member. These issues can take families into the challenging world of guardianships and conservatorships, and we can provide guidance every step of the way. When a minor or adult has been legally determined to be incapacitated or disabled, the court appoints a guardian (responsible for care and custody) and a conservator (responsible for managing property – could be a person or a corporation, such as a bank or trust company). Often the same individual is appointed for both roles. Sanderford Law Office can arrange for a capacity assessment of your disabled family member and help you petition the court to be appointed as guardian and/or conservator.

Explore Your Options During a Free Initial Consultation

As a first step, let’s meet to discuss the situation in an initial consultation, which is free of charge. We’ll answer all of your questions and advise you about how to proceed. Once the consultation concludes, you can then decide whether or not you want to engage Sanderford Law Office to assist you with estate administration or probate. Keep in mind the fees will be paid from proceeds of the estate, not by you personally.

Should you need additional services, we also have extensive experience in the areas of guardianship and conservatorship.

bottom of page